This Member Agreement is effective 31 July 2019 for new and existing members.
Welcome to Jamma! This agreement (“Agreement”) describes your rights and responsibilities related to your use of Jamma’s website, mobile apps, and services as a registered Jamma member, and what you can expect from us. By creating your Jamma account, clicking “continue” or by otherwise indicating that you agree, you are agreeing to these terms, so please take a moment to read this legally binding Agreement. If you use any Jamma website or mobile app but are not a registered member (each, a “visitor”), by using the website or mobile app, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.
Jamma is a private question and answer platform for immigrant communities; our mission is to make it easier for immigrants to share information and help each other. We use “Jamma” here to refer to the Jamma website (also referred to as our “Services”). We also use “Jamma”, “we”, “us” and “our” to refer to the companies operating our Services.
The Services are provided to you by Jamma Communities Ltd, a UK registered company (Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX).
BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- Eligibility. Each person is limited to one account, and you may not share your account password with anyone else (even a family member sharing your home) or allow someone else to use your personal account. When you register for Jamma you must use your real name, not a pseudonym, except in circumstances that, in Jamma’s sole judgment, warrant an exception. You may not use our Services if: (1) you are under 13 years old (or do not meet applicable age requirements to use social media services where you live); (2) you are a registered sex offender or share a household with one; (3) we previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies; or (4) you are prohibited from receiving our Services or platform under applicable law. Jamma reserves the right to refuse registration to any person and to suspend, delete or deactivate your account or limit your privileges at any time, without liability to you.
- Accurate Registration. Submitting inaccurate registration information, registering if you know you don’t meet our eligibility requirements, or otherwise providing false registration information is a violation of this Agreement and could constitute a crime.
- Be A Good Neighbour. At Jamma, we believe that neighbourly behaviour is the foundation of healthy communities.
- Respect Your community’s Privacy. We believe that providing immigrants with a place where they can communicate privately among themselves will help them to build a stronger community. This is why we restrict who can access your community. In order to ensure that the privacy expectations of others are respected, you may not:
a) share with a third party or post a user’s information (e.g. name, address, phone number, email address) without their permission;
b) repost information or Content posted on Jamma without the posting member’s permission;
c) repost (either on or outside of Jamma) the content of another member’s private message without the author’s permission; or
d) gather, collect or aggregate information from Jamma, either manually or by using automation (such as through scripts, robots, crawlers, spiders or similar technologies) for use outside of Jamma or attempt to access information you do not have permission to access.
- Feedback. Please feel free to share any feedback, suggestions, or ideas you have about Jamma with us, so long as you understand we may have already had the same idea, and you agree that we are free to use any feedback you voluntarily provide with no restriction or obligation (payment or otherwise) to you.
- Parental Controls. Parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software, or filtering services) may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to or inappropriate for minors. You can find more information about parental controls by reviewing the system preferences, settings, and help documentation for your computer or mobile device.
- Liability Limits. WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH JAMMA, INCLUDING THE JAMMA SERVICES, OUR SOFTWARE, YOUR USE OF JAMMA OR ANY JAMMA SERVICE, OR THIS AGREEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow damages exclusions, so such exclusions may not apply to you.
- Dispute Resolution. If you have a dispute with Jamma, you agree to contact us and try to resolve the dispute informally before pursuing other avenues.
- No Warranty. JAMMA AND THE ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” We do not promise that any aspect of our software or service will work properly or continuously. We may add, change, or discontinue product features; if you are dissatisfied, your only remedy is to stop using Jamma or the affected feature. Some jurisdictions do not allow warranty exclusions, so they may not apply to you.
- Indemnity. If someone brings a claim against Jamma (whether against the company or any of its employees, directors, or officers) based on a harm you caused, you agree to reimburse us for any costs we incur in defending against that claim, including reasonable attorneys’ fees as well as damages.
- Disputes Between Members; Waiver of Claims Against Jamma. In the real world and online, people sometimes disagree. If you have a dispute with another Jamma member, we hope that you will be able to work it out amicably. However, if you cannot, please understand that Jamma is not responsible for the actions of its members; each member is responsible for their own actions and behavior. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- General. This agreement does not create any agency, partnership, joint venture, joint controllership, employment or franchise relationship. To the extent allowed by applicable law, the English version of this Agreement is binding and other translations are for convenience only. Except as provided in subsection (e) of this Arbitration Agreement, if any part or parts of this Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. Our failure to act in a particular circumstance does not waive our right to act with respect to that or other circumstances. We shall be excused for any problem due to a circumstance beyond our reasonable control.